You are here
How do you Save for Holiday Gifts?
Be proactive. No need to rely on that "end of year bonus" anymore. Start saving the smart and easy way with the Chirstmas Club from The Bank of Glen Burnie.
- Minimum Opening Deposit: $10.00 minimum opening deposit but not more than $100
- Annual Percent Yield (APY): 0.13%
- Interest Rate: 0.13%
All rates are subject to change at the Bank's discretion based on current market conditions. These rates are effective May 7, 2015.
- Annual percentage yield is based on the annual crediting with no compounding interest
- Interest is earned from day of deposit to the date the Christmas Club is closed in October
- Accounts closed prior to maturity will not earn interest
- Withdrawals are not permitted
- The annual aggregate deposit cannot exceed $5,000.00 in accounts with any of the same owners
- The initial deposit and all weekly deposits can not exceed $100.00
- Deposits may be made weekly according to the coupon schedule set by the bank, either in person, or through our website
- Must be opened between the third Friday in October and December 31st of each year
- This account is non-transferable
- One coupon book per individual (Tax Identification Number)
- A checking/savings account is required to open/maintain a Christmas Club account
- Accounts close in October. The last deposit is accepted by the close of business on the first Friday in October.
- Accounts are paid out through direct deposit to a Bank of Glen Burnie checking or savings account on the second Friday in October.
Open a Christmas Club Account
Visit a branch, call us at 410-766-3300, or get the process started by clicking here:
(NOTE: Only available between the third Friday in October and December 31st)